Casey Who?

My name is Casey Echelmeier and I am currently the District Instructional Technology Facilitator for the Mexico Public School District #59 in Mexico, Missouri.  I was an eMINTS classroom teacher, then 1:1 Chromebook teacher for 16 years.  I completed my Masters of Education in Teaching & Technology, and am currently working towards my Specialist degree in Curriculum Leadership, from William Woods University.  Developing the skills necessary to educate 21st century learners, whether teachers and/or students, is a task I have been passionate about in my professional career.  I LOVE sharing with other educators and in addition to daily embedded PD for teachers, I currently assist in facilitating our district’s Teacher Academy and New Teacher trainings offering technological professional development opportunities.  This past school year I have taken on coaching in the areas of reading and writing and facilitating the rewriting of our district curriculum. How LUCKY am I?

Not only am I a big advocate for educational transformation through the use of technology in the classroom, but I also work to help change the mindset of teachers by providing “outside the box” suggestions, resources, and coaching, to provide learning opportunities that promote 21st Century skills.  I LOVE presenting to other teachers and administrators and have presented at eMINTS, MORENet, RCET (Regional Consortium of Educational Technology,  and Powerful Learning Conference within our state. I have presented at a local college to preservice teachers and have also “taken over a classroom or two” during state EdCamp conferences.

I am a huge proponent of developing your Personal Learning Network and work with the teachers and administration in my district, in recognizing the importance, and power, of this personalized professional development.

On a personal note, I am originally from New Orleans, Louisiana.  I have been married, to Tim, for the past 24 years.  I have 5 children.  Burke, Tyler, Hayden, Reagan, and Parker. I also enjoy spending time with my friends and hosting “porch parties”, southern style! I am a VERY busy lady and live a truly blessed life!